Friday, July 25, 2008

Black & White

There’s something to be said about a black and white photograph. Although, I personally prefer color versions of most pictures, there are some darn nice black and white pieces out there. They tend to take you back in time a bit, even if the picture was taken last week.

I realize that black and white is in and if I ever plan on being a professional photog, I’m probably going to have to broaden my horizons and try to cope with my color photo preference. So last night I made an effort to do just that. The thing I like best about black and white photography is the sort of time warp it puts me in. As I said before, a picture that was taken last week can feel like it was taken fifty years ago when you convert it to black and white. But I wanted mine to feel even older. And fragile. I’ve seen texture techniques that create these kinds of affects and they can turn an average photograph from OK to AMAZING! Here are two samples of my experiment with textures. Let me know what you think!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this picture of Chris is incredible! LOVE IT!