Friday, July 18, 2008

Dogs



THESE, are my lovely canine kiddos. Drake is the blondie in the background, and Ruger is the brunette hogging the shot. Aren’t they beautiful pooches? How I adore my little Buds. Especially when they don’t smell like wet dog or nudge my white clothes with their dirty little noses or bark at every moving object that comes through town.
But I digress.

I love them so much I wanted you to meet them!

The thing about dogs is they are incredibly difficult to photograph. You see, they never want to sit still. They’re wrestling, or swimming, or running a trench along our fence line, or eating, or sniffing…but NEVER sitting still. After a brisk swim in the Carbon River, something succeeded in catching their attention. They were loaded up into the truck when that something suddenly appeared and utterly distracted them from their usual constant movement. They were both focused on whatever that “thing” was and low and behold, I was able to get this nice picture of my boys!

Remarkably, it was a child they were peering at so attentively: Little Kyla. And although, I may never know what she was doing that was so very interesting to my dogs, she proved herself as a worthy photography assistant that day. And to her I owe my thanks. Thanks Kyla!!




No comments: